Cleveland

Restaurant, Licensed Restaurant or Hotel counter meals Refreshments Accommodation

View Location Map

DISTANCES: Launceston 51km

South of Launceston on the Heritage Highway lies the historic village of Cleveland.

In 1842 it was a coaching stop with houses and stables built of wattle and daub, but as traffic increased between Hobart and Launceston, beautifully built and well kept inns were opened. Three of these Georgian buildings can be seen today. They are Cleveland House, now a private residence, and St Andrew’s Inn, now operating as a coffee bar and restaurant with accommodation.