Deddington

View Location Map

DISTANCES: Launceston 37Km

The little town of Deddington, is approximately 37 km south-east of Launceston. The district, when first mentioned in 1825, was known as ‘Mills Plains’. In 1830, John Glover, the well-known artist arrived from England and bought land naming it ‘Deddington’ and ‘Patterdale’ after villages in the English lake district where he had lived. In 1840 a chapel, possibly designed by Glover was built at Deddington and has been restored by the National Trust.