Petrol and Oil Restaurant, Licensed Restaurant or Hotel counter meals Refreshments Accommodation Camping Area Liquor Supplies Public Toilets BBQ Picnic Area Visitor Information

View Location Map

DISTANCES: Launceston 106Km, St Marys 21Km

Fingal is a service town for rural industry. Buildings of historic interest are St Peter’s Church and the Roman Catholic Church, Lord Carrington Lodge and the Fingal Hotel. The original Tasmanian Hotel, circa 1856, has been restored as a regional visitor centre.

The first payable gold in Tasmania was found at ‘The Nook’ near Fingal in 1852. The traditional art of coal shovelling has been preserved to this day and can be seen at the ‘World Coal Shovelling Championships’ held each March at the Fingal Festival.

Fingal has a 9 hole golf course.


Visit Evercreech Forest Reserve with the tallest white gum in the world, Mathinna Falls, Griffin Camping Area near Mathinna.