Granton

Petrol and Oil Restaurant, Licensed Restaurant or Hotel counter meals Refreshments Accommodation Liquor Public Toilets Visitor Information

View Location Map

DISTANCES: Hobart 18Km

The Old Watch House was convict built in 1838 to guard the causeway across the Derwent that was built in 1830 by 200 secondary punishment convicts. By 1850 they had wheelbarrowed in position 2 million tons of stone. The Watch House featured the smallest solitary cell used in Australia - 50 cm square by 2m high.