Turners Beach

Petrol and Oil Refreshments Camping Area Caravan Park Supplies Public Toilets Boat Ramp BBQ Picnic Area

View Location Map

DISTANCES: Devonport 12Km, Launceston 110Km

A popular holiday resort, midway between Devonport and Ulverstone, fronting two km of beach for boating, saltwater fishing and swimming.

The beach was originally known as Scotts Beach, after the Scott family who operated a flour mill on Claytons Rivulet. The Turner family, after whom the town is named, lived in ‘The Gables’ from about 1920.

This was originally ‘The Sailor’s Return’, a licensed inn which was raided in 1853 by the bushrangers Dalton and Kelly during their escape from Tasmania.

Accommodation includes a caravan park.